Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beyond Method #11

More organizations and people are using electronic surveys as a method of polling the public. Most of the early electronic surveys I participated in were Surveymonkey and Zoomerang, however I am starting to see other online surveys used. Recently I used Surveygizmo and thought it had more bells and whistles than Surveymonkey or Zoomerang. My preference is Surveygizmo over either Surveymonkey or Zoomerang.

Our library typically surveys the public with paper ballots. These are mostly used at on-site programming events and have proved very successful. However, the library has used an electronic survey in the past to determine what the public thought the library was worth to them.

Our library is venturing out with new electronic ventures everyday, so I would not be surprised if advanced methods of surveying the public is in the works. We have a communications team that works to promote our 16-branch library system everyday.

After watching the PollEverywhere video I was impressed with its versatility and would like to see this survey integrated into our library outreach. It is amazing how user friendly PollEverywhere is and the instant feedback is a great way to account for patron feedback. I think this might also be altered to assist with patron reference questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment