Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beyond Method #9

Here is the digital storytelling scrapbook I created (I hope it embeds):


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital scrapbook generated with Smilebox


I am an archivist by profession and work also in genealogy. For the digital story assignment I decided to carry my genealogy forward by creating a digital scrapbook using photos of my grandson and Smilebox: http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d6a59794d6a45784d54453d0d0a&sb=1

Smilebox was fairly easy to use even though there are no introductory instructions. I used the help tab to find out how to embed the photos into the scrapbook and after that the process was simple. I like the fact that you can add music and text to personalize your video scrapbook.

I think storytelling is a good idea for our library. Patrons would surely be interested in the versatility of storytelling for their own family histories. In our electronic age it would be simple to create a digital story and send it to family members as opposed to sending a multi-page lineage document.

No comments:

Post a Comment