Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beyond Method #8

Screencasts are a blast! I found this technology tool to be very helpful and instructive in the research area of the library where I work. I used Screencast-o-matic to create a video instructing patrons how to look for archive collections at Fort Worth Library
http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXiOrUY9G (I could not tell if the O was an "O" or "0", so hope the link works). I got carried away making the video, so it is about three minutes long instead of the requested one minute. I got off to a rocky start, but the recording process was simple and I found the instructions easy to understand and not too techy. I would like to see my workplace use screencasts to assist patrons in their genealogy and archives searches. This would free up staff time to work on various projects instead of spending about 30 minutes with novices teaching them how to get started with their family genealogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment