Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #10 Ning

My impression of Ning.com is that it is a good blog tracking network. It is nice to see photos and profiles of individuals who are members of various blogs. I like the look of the site and the way the pages are laid out; very user friendly. I find it interesting that some sites have added user guide videos. I looked at several blogs including ALA; TWU; and Lone Arrangers, which is an archive group. To view the "Fort Worth Public Library Staff" blog you need to be a member; darn I wanted to see who I knew on the site without becoming a member. I was surprised, but probably should not be at the number of religious affiliated groups using ning.com. I did not create a Ning account because of the cautionary note in the NT23 instructions stating, "there has been some controversy surrounding the way Ning.com uses the data submitted by members its hosted networks."

No comments:

Post a Comment