Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing #11 Instant Messaging

Well, wasn't Iming fun! I entered a music chat room and watched some of the conversation for a while before starting a chat with a 23 year-old male in Sydney. That was an experience; the first thing asked for was my a/s/l. After determining what that meant I assured the young man I was old enough to be his mother and that I was doing this as a learning experience for work. He wished me the best of luck and promptly said good-bye. Fascinating! I had another request to chat with a young female wanting me to go to a web site that had a photo of her naked! My reply was that I was not going there on the grounds of morals. Good experience; however now I know how teenagers get into trouble so easily. My initial goal was to converse with individuals about country music, but instead I got a lesson in just how user "friendly" the Internet can be.

My username for other NT23 members is fwarchivist using Yahoo Messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment