Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #23 Reflection

North Texas 23 has been an enlightening experience. Although I use several of the Things from NT23 in daily life there were many that were new to me. A good exercise in Web 2.0 technolgies that I would recommend for all information technology professionals.

I would vote Google Docs as my favorite Thing because I love organization. Google Docs offers so many potential variations for tracking and requesting statistics or information that is a viable option as a professional tool at the library. I look forward to incorporating Google Docs to help streamline projects at work.

The Thing I was least impressed with is Ning. I had a hard time maneuvering the site. Possibly if I spent more time searching and playing with the site I would be more comfortable with it. I was also uncomfortable using Ning especially after reading the statement, "there has been some controversy surrounding the way Ning.com uses the data submitted by members its hosted networks." Even though I did not create an account on Ning I was leary of using the site.

The most challenging part of NT 23 was tackling new technologies. Fear of the unknown is always a little intimidating, but exciting. Finding time to take part in the project was not easy. Budget cuts and staff reductions leave little time at work to complete extra projects; therefore almost all of my NT 23 experience was accomplished from my home computer. Still a good experience that I am glad I took the time to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment