Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #16 LibraryThing

I subscribed to LibraryThing over a year ago and love it! Currently I have 150 books catalogued on the site. "Recent recommendations" are nice to peruse and are geared toward member's likes refecting his/her catalogued books. I tag and rate every book I catalog. There are so many options for following blogs, groups and social networking sites that I do not follow chats on LibraryThing, but use it as a personal cataloging tool. However, I do like to read reviews on the books I am cataloging. Often I cannot find a book using the LOC search and have to revert to Amazon.com; I would like to see this changed and reading on Thingology it looks as though getting a better handle on matching up ISBNs is in future works for LibraryThing.

No comments:

Post a Comment