Monday, July 4, 2011

Beyond Method #2

Wow; customizable homepages for librarians! My preferance is Netvibes for creating a library homepage internet interface. I like the look and usability of the Netvibes homepages. Setting up an iGoogle hompage, in my opinion, is a complicated process. I like the idea of widgets and rss feeds in the Netvibes hompages. Adding images and editing text or feeds would be a snap. Also, the ability to customize tabs is appealing. These options would be easy to use and create. I really like the look of the Dublin City Public Library homepage example; user friendly is the name of the game. The fact that you do not have to sign in and out of Netvibes links/services on the page is a huge plus when it comes to deciding which customizable homepage to utilize. Netvibes has my vote 100%.

1 comment:

  1. I created an avatar on my Yahoo site. It is amazing how closely the process resembles creating your character for an online game. A couple of days after creating my avatar a friend in Washington DC sent me an email commenting on my avatar. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete