Friday, July 22, 2011

Beyond Method #6

While reading the intro to Method #6 I looked at Project Gutenberg and looked for one of my favorites books: "Jane Eyre", which I easily found. Then I started following the Discovery Exercise directions and located "Great Expectations". It was very easy to determine which download was for the Kindle. The HTML version is not too bad; however I would need to increase the font size for easier reading (old eyes tend to need larger print).

Here is a link to "Great Expectations" through the site Project Gutenberg for easy access:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1400/1400-h/1400-h.htm#2HCH0033 Yes, I do think the patrons at Fort Worth Library would be interested in a public domain service like Project Gutenberg. It is user friendly and extremely versatile. After doing a little more research I do think I could assist a patron with adding a public domain publication onto their eReader.

No comments:

Post a Comment